Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 96 - Patriarch Lifferth Surprize! "I love this culture. And I LOOOVE tacos"


Hello friends and family!!

South Jordan Patriarch : The Lifferth's!
This week has been quite the week! On Wednesday - while in a coordination meeting in the Visitors' Center with the Sister missionaries of our ward - in walked my Patriarch from South Jordan and his wife! It was so wonderful to run into them at the Mexico City Temple! We got to talk for a few minutes and he told me that he had served in Mexico City over 45 years ago and the people that were with him were his converts from one of the Stakes in our mission! Wow! He told me that his first area was in San Pedro el Chico, on of the colonies that I am working in right now that is in our ward! What a small world!!

On Friday night we had our Stake party for the 15th of September (Independence Day) and it was AWESOME! They went all out! It looked like a concert outside the Stake Center! It was great to have some investigators and converts there to enjoy a lot of time together eating and watching some cultural dance here from Mexico! I am pretty much Mexican now, just so y'all know! I absolutely love this culture! And I love tacos! I LOOOVE tacos...

Sunday was great. A few of our investigators made it to church and loved it! My companion and I were invited by the Stake President to the Stake Council and all of the brothers and sisters with Stake assignments got to together and made a missionary campaign for the Stake! It is wonderful. It's called #ViveLaExperiencia (#LiveTheExperience) and it focuses on encouraging all of the members to live the experience of sharing he Gospel to friends, family, and neighbors. It is going to be fantastic!

Yesterday we planned to paint a recent convert's house with the Sister Missionaries but at the last minute they had to cancel on us. Coming out of lunch with the Sisters we decided to pray to know who else we could serve for the time we had planned to do so. Immediately one of our investigators name's came to my mind and after a moment my companion said her name too so we went right away!

When we got there (and the Sisters went to a quick appointment) we talked for about 45 minutes and she opened up her heart to us. She explained why she hadn't been baptized and how she really felt about everything we taught. She has read the entire Book of Mormon and knows it's true but some very specific things were holding her back (things that we are absolutely going to be able to fix!).

After talking we explained to her the real reason why we had come...SERVICE! Reluctantly she accepted and turns out she needed help with getting some sheet metal and other materials organized into a water-proof shed and we were able to get EVERYTHING together in under an hour and a half with the help of the Sister Missionaries!

The moral of the story is even when we don't know exactly who needs our help... God does! Whenever you want to know, just go ahead and ask him! If you ask with a real desire to help and a little faith, He'll answer! I promise

I love this Gospel and I know it's true! Keep moving forward, I love you all

Love,

Elder Davies






























































No comments:

Post a Comment