Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 94 - Francisco's Baptism in Pradera & Training with Elder Reyes


August 29, 2016

Howdy Y´all!!

My companions from Texas so I´m learning his lingo!

This week was just a BLUR! I can´t believe how fast it passed by. It has been a busy but wonderful week.

We were getting the new house all ready and set up here in our ward when the secretaries called and said that a general authority or two were coming to the Aragon Stake Center. We are hardly ever in the offices but the Secretaries had just pulled EVERYTHING out and we had to make it all disappear within a couple of hours HAHA! Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson came with one of the Counselors in the Young Mens General Presidency and a couple other seventies were there so it was fun to see everything that was happening! Lots of people. Being in this stake always means running into fun people!

On Sunday I went and got to see Francisco´s baptism in Pradera!! He and his family all looked SO happy! I started teaching Francisco when I had just barely got to Pradera in about February and we saw him maybe once or twice a month but right before I left is when he decided to be baptized. His wife and daughter were baptized over two years ago and she is serving as Relief Society President. They looked SO happy for the decision he had made. She and her daughter were in a car accident on Saturday and they almost had to postpone the baptism but Francisco´s wife wasn´t going to wait one more week until he was baptized! They are so wonderful.

On Saturday afternoon we had a Ward Council training with Elder Reyes (the area seventy assigned to our mission) and it was awesome. Later that evening we had a meeting with all the missionaries in our Stake and the Stake President and we made an awesome plan of how we are going to do missionary work here in the stake. We are very excited!

Things are going really well here! It has been fun to be back here in my old ward and be able to see old friends and find new people to teach and love. I know that for some reason there is still some work for me to do in this area and that´s why I´m here!

I know this church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I know that Joseph Smith was his prophet called to restore the Gospel.

Love,

Elder Davies




No comments:

Post a Comment