Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 93 - Transferred to Allende... Again!


August 23, 2016Hey Friends and Family!

Sorry for the short note yesterday, I´ll explain a little bit later in this email why I wasn't able to write...It´s been a crazy week! This week was transfer week and my companion and I were transferred! President Naumann has been looking for one of the best wards to put the us in and he felt we should be in Allende! Allende is in the same stake as I´m in right now (Aragon Stake) and, yes, it´s my old area! My companion and I stayed together! It´s his last transfer though, so I´m going to be the missionary that finishes him off!

On Wednesday and Thursday we had our last two Zone Conferences and they were AWESOME! President Naumann is a master teacher and we all left very edified. We have seen SO many miracles in the mission in the last couple of week with the missionaries in all parts of the mission.

After we finished the transfers we had to look for a few new houses for the missionaries and it was amazing how quickly we could find the houses we needed for the new areas. Everything worked out JUST perfectly, we got all the contracts signed JUST in time! Everything worked out perfectly! And one of the houses we found was owned by two less-active members so we are going to have the chance to maybe help them out a bit!

Yesterday was the day the new missionaries got here from the MTC so we left out house at around 6AM to go to the MTC to pick them up and take them to the mission home to get to know the mission President. After that we took them to the Aragon Stake Center and they all received their new companions. Everyone was really happy! After that we took the missionaries that were going home (today) to the mission home and stayed the night, that was amazing! We learned a lot and had the chance to hear about some wonderful experiences those missionaries had had.

That´s why I couldn't write yesterday...

Well, all is well! We are busy getting the house into shape and getting the area ready to go, but I am EXCITED! I have been in this ward before but a lot has changed since I showed up there 11 months ago...there is a new bishop, new counselors, new everything...and before we shared the ward with Visitors´ Center sisters but one of the new apartments we opened up was for field Sisters, so we are 4 new missionaries in this ward! This should be very exciting!

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Davies





No comments:

Post a Comment