Friday, October 30, 2015

Week 50 - Thou shalt not kill (except cockroaches)


Hey everyone!

You´re not gonna believe it, but I love you all a lot!

So we had transfers yesterday, and guess what?! I am staying with Elder Mejia! I´m gonna kill him! (That means be his last companion and send him home, no os preocupéis!) I´m so glad we get to stay together!

This week has been full of amazing experiences, I wish I had the time to share them all with you! But I can´t, but let me share one incredible story with you. A few weeks ago Elder Mejia and I were running to our church services and we saw a couple with their baby outside the temple just walking so we said, "Hey, do you wanna go in?!" They said yes and we took them to the Visitor´s Center and they took a tour! We snuck out of church at like 1:40 (our services are at 1) to see how they went and they LOVED it! So we invited them to church with us! They liked that too, and they came back the next week even though they live kinda far away! We had already sent the referral, but they hadn't contacted them yet. Well, the cool thing is they are gonna be BAPTIZED! BAPTISM! Wahoo!! A sister from the Visitor´s Center told us and my companion and I were SO happy!!

Today my companion and I decided to murder...all the cockroaches in our house. My companion and I have been living with like 400 of those little guys in the kitchen. Not anymore. We bought some cool paste that they eat and it´s POISON and just took EVERYTHING out of the Kitchen and cleaned, it was a fun time. We had a very similar experience to that of Elder Brown in Argentine which he summed up with a great scripture, Mosiah 10:20 which reads:

"And it came to pass that we did drive them again out of our land; and we slew them with a great slaughter, even so many that we did not number them."

Things are great here in Mexico! I love this work and I know it is the work of the Lord! Have a fantastic week, choose the right, remember who you are and what you stand for! Walk on the sidewalk. Don´t talk to strangers (unless you are a missionary, talk to ALL the strangers!). Love you!

-Elder Davies




Tough guy look










No comments:

Post a Comment