Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 37 - The Miracle of the Tacos and 10 kids


"Yup. We're Mama's boys. You got a problem with that?"  HAHA!
This was taken at a District Activity on their Preparation Day

This week has been fantastic! I don’t know where to start!

We had the BIGGEST miracle this week, I’m so excited to tell you about it! We have received a lot of references here and whenever we don’t have people to visit we search for them. There was one in particular that we got that we went 4 times looking for a guy named Manuel, but he was never there. Actually, the last time we went they said he didn’t even live there! Yesterday at 8:30 we went with a reference and put a baptismal date with him and it was great! After that we were about a half hour from the house so we decided we should probably just go home! Before we went though, I felt we needed to stop by Manuel´s house (even though supposedly he didn’t live there!) So we went. (Epic pause)

This is a road near their apartment they walk down a lot
We knocked on the door and a lady answered and  she asked who we were and then she was like, “Hey, it’s the guys from the church!” and then the next thing she said before we even said our names or even really explained who we were she asked us, “Do you want a taco?” I don’t say no to tacos. So we went in! Manual was excited to see us and then invited us in the kitchen and we ate some delicious food that Sandra, Manuel´s wife, had made. Then a kid came in! And he was 8 years old! You know what that means. Then another kid came in. And another. They have 10 kids. 9 of their kids are older than 8 years old. We put a lot of baptismal dates yesterday. I've never put that many dates in a day...actually, I don't think I've ever challenged so many people to baptism in a week. I am stoked! My companion and I left that house floating on air like you wouldn't even believe! I'll keep you updated on this family, they are fantastic!

Here is the Dog he was talking about that laid down and wouldn't leave
Today we had a District Activity and it was a BLAST! We went to a park really close to the temple and grilled hot dogs, ate a bunch of food, and played a bunch of fun games together! I love my district so much, they are all so great! There was this dog that followed us from the moment we entered the park and the sisters got really sad when we started yelling at it to try to get it to leave so it just stayed with us...the whole time. Actually, when we took our group pictures it just went and layed down in front of the camera and we were laughing pretty hard about that! Haha the dog followed us like half way back to the temple haha!

I want you all to know I know this is the work of the Lord. I know that God lives, and that he loves us! Like it says in 1 John 4, God is love, and we love him because he loved us first, and because we love him we love our neighbors. We are all sons and daughters of God and he loves us so much. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of the God, the Savior and Redeemer of the world. He loves us, and thanks to him we will some day be able to have an eternal family and be able to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I love him so much for what he did, even though I can't and will never be able to fully understand his sacrifice, I am eternally grateful for it. I invite you all to search for him, and I PROMISE you will find him. Pray to God and you will feel His love poured out upon you. You are NEVER alone, you will NEVER be forgotten! In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

With Love,

Elder Davies













No comments:

Post a Comment