Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week 35 - Diana got baptized! Nauvoo & Elder Packer

Ukulele!

Hey everyone!


Diana was one Kelson and his companion found in his previous
area that was baptized shortly after he left. He was allowed to
return and witness the baptism in Jardines.

Diana got baptized! I don´t know if you all remember her, but she was from my last area! We found her 3 weeks before I left and she was SO excited and always read and just was GOLDEN! I got a call Saturday that she was gonna be baptized and they gave my companion and me permission to be there when she got baptized! That was SO great! I really have gained a testimony that this is the Lord´s work. I didn't baptize anyone in Jardines but I got to see a bunch of people at the baptism and a lot of people I was teaching are progressing towards baptism! But they aren't my converts anyway, they are the Lord´s and it doesn't matter which of the instruments in his hands gets to baptize them, right? This work is so great!

This week´s highlight...I bought a selfie stick! It is fantastic. I haven't used it a lot, but I'm sure I will!

So my parents are in Nauvoo right now...I have to admit I am a little jealous, but like Elder Kody Hughes said we are out here doing what we learned to do in Nauvoo. For those of you that know me know that Nauvoo is part of who I am! I wouldn't be half or a tenth or a hundreth of the missionary I am today without Nauvoo! I hope all of you serving the Lord there are loving it and always remember we are doing the same work, I'm just doing it here and you're all doing it there!!

This week I had the chance to listen to Elder Boyd K Packer´s last conference talk, and it is SO inspiring. I invite you all to listen to the eternal and beautiful truths taught by this faithful apostle of the Lord.

I love you all so much, sorry I'm so short on time again have a GREAT week! The Church is true!!!

-Elder Davies













No comments:

Post a Comment