Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 12 - Quetzalyn's Baptism, Christmas in January & Hot cake Birthday Cake

Quetzalyn's Baptism at the Church by the Mexico City Temple
Hey all you wonderful people!

Shout out to my beautiful Mother who turns 29 today! I love you mom! You are the greatest :) Ever since I can remember, my mom has done everything she can to make sure I am happy and have everything I need :) Thanks for being the best mom I've ever had!

Also Kenadee and Brother and Sister Covington, I got a package and a sweet Christmas card on Saturday from you lovely people! So guess what I did, I put on Christmas music and my comp and I had a little Christmas party! Wahoo!! This is the best thing about bad mailing systems, you get to celebrate Christmas like 6 times without feeling guilty for opening packages before Christmas! WAHOO! :) Everything was so perfect, thank you all so much :) Sure do love you guys!

So Quetzalyn was baptized yesterday! It was so cool. We had Stake Conference, so our meeting was in the gaint chapel in Temple Square here, so the baptism was a the church right there too, so the pictures are super cool because the temple is in the back! The Hermanas in the ward also baptized a young girl named Julieta, so I got to baptize here and my companion baptized Queztlayn! It was absolutely incredible to get to see her get baptized. She was so prepared by the Lord and just loved everything we taught! After two missionaries knocking on her door on a Saturday night she came the very next day at 8AM to church and stayed for all three meeting! She is just Golden. We are now working with her mom, siblings, and her grandma who are almost all progressing :) Sure do love her and her family!

The "Hot Cake" Birthday Cake!
So a member here in the ward that always lets us use her washing machine had her birthday this week, so naturally we made her a cake. But oh, not just any cake. Remember how I bought that giant bag of hot cakes at Sam's? Yeah. We made a cake out of hot cakes. A hot cake cake. The Hermanas made a yummy frosting and together we created quite a masterpiece! It tasted exactly how you'd expect a giant hot cake to taste, but better because it was HUGE! Anyway that was super cool :) Alejandra and her husband Hector are our favorites and Hector is into a lot of the same stuff as me, so we have fun chatting about electronics and such when they invite us over to eat :)

So I saw a couple things that surprised me even for Mexico, so I thought I'd share them! First, there was this horse-drawn carriage downtown by the temple. That was weird, but then weirder because the carriage was indeed an old truck bed somehow attached to the sides of the horse. I am still trying to figure that out! Also there are always Mariachi bands by the Temple on the corners and yesterday there was one and they also featured a SAXAPHONE! Mexico s first and famous Mariachi Jazz Band.

Hermana Amor decorating the Hot Cake-Cake :)
So this week we took an investigator named Daniela to the Centro para Visitantes (Greg: CV or Temple Square Visitor Center) and it has been sooo hard to get her there. Something always comes up! But this time the same thing happened but we just made it work and somehow made it to the CV with her! It was so powerful! We showed her the video of the family there (Filmed in Red Cliffs in St George, hehe) and after it talks about Eternal Families and my companion and I bore our testimonies of eternal families and told her that we wanted to see her and her husband and her two cute little girls there. I also said something along the lines of how bad we wanted to see her there and how much more our Father in Heaven wanted them to come - all together - to live forever with Him. At this point she just broke down crying and that was so cool! That's the most I've seen the Spirit touch someone during my testimony. I know it wasn't anything I said, but what the Spirit affirmed and taught her.

Hot Cake Birthday Cake
Today my companion and I were on our way back from shopping and we jumped out of a bus to help pop start a taxi that had a dead starter or solenoid or something.  He was so grateful he gave us a free ride pretty close to where we live! It was awesome. We have amazing experiences every day. I love all your letters, thanks so much! I will get to every one of them as soon as I can, but keep em coming it helps a lot! Love you all! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! :)

Elder Davies

No idea what is up with the Math. HAHA!  Just keeping sharp?




No comments:

Post a Comment