Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 77 - Gaby, Ariadna, and Wendy´s Baptism! Friend & Former Elder Passes Away

Baptism of Gabriela, Wendy and Ariadna!

Hello friends and family!

This week has been a roller coaster! It´s been a hard week but one of the most rewarding of my mission. On Thursday we got news that one of the missionaries that served here in our mission and returned home about 6 months ago, Elder McNeil Walker, died in a Tractor/Semi accident in Idaho. (See Story on KSL)

Elder McNeil Walker - Former Missionary
to Mexico City passes away in Idaho

We were all shocked and it was especially hard for me here. Elder Walker served here in my ward a little over a year ago and many of the active members are his converts. After we found out, we took time to go and tell his converts of his passing. It was a really beautiful thing to hear all the wonderful memories and stories of this great missionary. One thing I will always remember about Elder Walker is he was ALWAYS smiling! He just found the good in everything and helped everyone else to see it! He was and still is a wonderful example to me

Posing with cousin Heidi Kriser who was
visiting Mexico on the way to Belize
On Tuesday I got a phone call from the secretaries that some missionaries had met me cousin Heidi in the Temple Visitors´ Center! I called President and, because we are only 15 minutes away from the temple, he gave us permission to run over and see her! We got there just a few minutes before she left but it was so crazy to get to see Heidi and talk for a couple minutes! We took some pictures then she was off!

On Friday we had the opportunity to go to the temple as a Zone with our President and his wife. It was a wonderful session and once again the beauty of that building surprised me! I know without a doubt that the temple is the House of the Lord!

On Saturday we had a VERY busy day. We started the day off with our English Class then we had baptismal interviews for Gabriela, Wendy and Ariadna! After that we had a very full day with appointments and getting things lined up for the baptism.

On Sunday afternoon the three of them were baptized! I got to baptize Ariadna, my companion baptized Gabriela, and Oscar, the Elders Quorum President, baptized Wendy. It was a wonderful experience and we are so happy for them!

Baptism of Ariadna!
I´d like to share an awesome experience with you all. These last few weeks we have been extremely blessed with many referrals from members and from the Visitors´ Center, let me share the story of one such referral with you. On Saturday afternoon Jorge Luis was in a bus passing in front of the temple and he heard a voice in his head that said, "¡Bájate!" ("Get off the bus!"). He followed that voice and the same told him he needed to enter in the Visitors´ Center. There he met some missionaries and they were able to answer all his questions. He came back Sunday afternoon and told one of the Sisters from my Zone what had happened and she called us because he lives in our area! They were talking with him on the phone yesterday and he is very excited and we are going to go find him today! How amazing is that?

I love you all so very much and I know that this is the Lord´s Church. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God and that thanks to the Restoration which through him the Lord commenced we can be eternally blessed. I know that if we do all we can to follow the Lord in our lives we will find greater peace than ever before or than doing any other thing. I know these things are true in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,

Elder Davies









No comments:

Post a Comment