Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 61 - An answered prayer, and new shoes in the nick of time!

Axel!
Hola!

This week was GREAT! We had a lot of really cool experiences and found some great people to teach!!

My companion and I have been praying specifically for people to find and we prayed for someone to find that we could set a baptismal date with immediately, and we found him! On Friday we got a call from a Sister in the Visitors´ Center and she said he you have to go with this guy, he´s great!! So after a couple appointments we went and found him at his house. As we got close to his house, we saw the door was open and there was Luis reading the blue pamphlet with the Testimony of Joseph Smith!! As we got closer we saw on his desk on the porch he had a Book of Mormon and the Restoration Pamphlet!! Wow!! He not only read the two pamphlets but he was on his second round to be able to understand better!! He is so great!! Two years ago he fell in the metro and suffered severe brain damage and lost all his memory! About a year ago, it came back, and now he is still working hard even though he isn't at his 100% since his accident. He said there was a reason why God let him live and we told him it was to be baptized! So he has a baptismal date for the 31st of this Month! Yesss! He came to church too all by himself and loved it all!

Ruperto & Adriana & Family at Temple Visitor Center
Ruperto and Adriana and their cute little girls are also progressing a lot! They came to church and we also watched Meet the Mormons with them in the Visitors´ Center yesterday and they LOVED it! Once they can get everything worked out with a past marriage/divorce they are super ready to be baptized!

I also got NEW SHOES from my wonderful family! Thanks so much for sending those! Funny story....coming home from divisions I was getting off the micro bus and the heel ripped my only pair of still somewhat usable shoes and I fell off the micro kinda hahaha...when we realized that the heel of my shoe was still on the micro it was flying away but then I got my new shoes!! Wahoo! Perfect timing!!

Well things are great here, I hope you all are happy and healthy. I know this church is true and I know the Jesus Christ lives and loves us. I know that he was sent by a loving Heavenly Father to remind us why we are here and how we can get back to him. I know the Book of Mormon is true and simply reading it changes our days and our weeks and our lives! I invite you all to read and prayerfully study the Book of Mormon and I promise you your life will change, because mine has!

I love you all!Elder Davies

Sunset over Mexico City East Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment