Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 45 - A Washing Machine, Molletes, and a Huge Moth.

"Temple of Mexico City" picture taken at Open House for visitors.
They have a similar system in other church sites (San Diego, Mesa Temple, etc)

Hey everyone!

This week has been fantastic! Been very busy, but a great week! I feel like I saw that every week...maybe we should just assume every week is a great week and very busy, okay? Haha!

So a few details about my new area! We share our ward with two Sisters, one just started her mission! They are in the Centro Para Visitantes half the time, so they don't get to leave to their area a ton, but they have some great families they are teaching! I live in an apartment building on the 5th floor (#exercise) and the house is really cool, not huge but it has a lot of good things in there! It has a big couch so that´s great! I love couches! Also it has this thing. I don't remember what it's called but it's that really cool machine that you put your laundry in it and put the soap in and you just push a button and it washes everything! Have you heard of that? It's so cool!! Haha!

This week was great in church, we have a really great ward and I knew a lot of the members from being here every day from the Open House so that was exciting to be able to get here with some of them! I also knew a lot of the investigators here so that was also a cool thing!

Mollete - An Italian inspired Mexico entre
Today we had a Zone Activity and we did lots of fun little games, the funniest was probably one where a companionship left and they had to finger paint a principal or a mission lesson in little time and then they had to guess what it was, it turned out REALLY funny! We made these things called Molletes that are SO delicious!One of our investigators bought us all the stuff this morning and made it ALL and sent her nephews to help us cook them in the stake center! Wahoo! It's basically just like bread with cheese, butter, and refried beans then you cook that and put pico de gallo on top which is made with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, chile, and lots of love. They were DELICIOUS!!

Huge moth from Mexico
So funny story. On Friday night I think I walked into our room and Elder Mejia was laying down on the bed brushing his teeth and he just calmy pointed to the ceiling at a GIANT moth just sitting there hahaha it was SO funny then we had to scare it out...with an umbrella. Horrifying moments. When I was a kid in South Jordan I remember we found one in our shed in a tarp and we were all pretty scared because it sounded like a bird! And this one was as big as that one I think! I got like 8 inches! Just like a flying monster. #Mexico.


Been fixing up the house a little but, it is a good one I feel really lucky to be here! Elder Mejia only has one cycle left after this one so I might get to finish him off! We´ll see what happens!

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

-Elder Davies

Kelson's Ticket for the Rededication session
Zone Picture
The Elder in the middle is set to play for BYU Football next fall :)
Kelson with an investigator
Fresh Mexican Food!
Attendees at the Mexico City Temple Rededication
Mexico City Temple with companion & other missionaries

Pretty colors on the Mexico City hillside in his new area

No comments:

Post a Comment