Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 40 - News from the Mexico City Temple Open House!

Elder Tolli (Brazil) and Kelson in a MotoTaxi
(Motorcycle with a carriage on the back. Not OSHA approved...)
Hey you beautiful people!!

How are you? This week has just been fantastic! Okay I need to start telling you a few details about last week!!

Last week the Zone Leaders had a baptism and they had VIP temple tour invitations to give out so we went with the other District Leader and his companion to help them give them out and we got there about half way through their baptism! Then they asked me to sing a special musical number in English so I sang Be Still My Soul. Totally not expecting that, and I made up a few lines because I haven't sung that song in English since the MTC...so that was a fun thing but everyone liked it I think! And even the American Elders didn't realize I made up words haha SUCCESS!!

In our Zone Activity last week we made PIZZA and it was delicious! I was cooking the whole time so I didn't get any pictures sorry about that! But now I know how to make pizza MEXICAN STYLE! It just has a bunch of weird cheese and like every type of meat. We made one and we put bacon IN the bread and it as SO delicious. Definitely gonna make more pizza here.

Mexico City Temple Open House video Footage
Aug 15 - Sep 5 2015. Kelson is at this event!

Like I said about the VIP temple tour, on Monday they had a special open house for the neighbors of the temple (those in the two wards in front of and around the temple), and it was a huge success! We have already seen miracles in those two areas and we expect to see SO many more in the Open House. I think about 10,000 people went on Saturday to the Open House, and Friday (the first day) I'm really not sure but I know more than a 1,000 went the first hour! SO great!
We did divisions all week starting Wednesday, so on Saturday I was with Elder Jensen from Las Vegas and we went to do two baptismal interviews at the Stake Center. We usually do them in the Visitor´s Center but they are using that as an intro to the temple tour, so we went to the Stake Center that is literally connected to the Temple Square. I saw a lot of dancing and some costumes and pageantry and my Nauvoo Pageant senses were tingling! When I walked to the gate I told Jensen, "I have a feeling I'm gonna see someone I know!" And I sure did! We walked in the Stake Center and there was Sister Collier, one of the authors of the Nauvoo and British Pageant! I was so excited! I kinda snuck in and said, "Hi Sister Collier!" It was an exciting moment! We got to talk for a second and then they went back to work but let's just say I am VERY excited for the Temple Dedication and Cultural Celebration!

This is a video from YouTube of a moto-Taxi Ride
in a city near Mexico City so you can see what Kelson experiences :)

So I have 9 months in the mission now! That means if I was a Sister I would be half way, and all the Sister Missionaries in my District nicely reminded me of that! haha! I can't believe how fast the months go. It is just SO crazy. I don't want this to ever stop, I'm learning so much and I LOVE this work!

We had a really good week, we found some new people and put some more baptismal dates but now we just need to follow up with this people! There are so many though things are getting so crazy. There just aren't enough hours in the day! And that thing that worries us is we haven't even received any references from the Open House (they are still figuring out how to text us all of them) so when we do, it's gonna get even MORE crazy! I'm so excited but I know it's gonna be crazy but I'M SO EXCITED!

I love you all so much and have a great week!

-Elder Davies

Mission Shoes starting to show signs of hard work?

More Moto Taxi Pics

Moto Taxi can be scary :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment